You know it’s love when
- the first thing you think of in the morning and the last thing you think of before you go to bed is him/her.
- the very thought of being without them makes you want to cry
- whenever you are feeling down, all you have to do is imagine their cute little face and you begin to smile 🙂
- you get that feeling of fuzzy e rushy love (i.e. you feel all funny inside, you get butterflies in your tummy)
- you would give anything just for time to stop so you can be with them just a few more minutes….
- thinking of him/her sleeping brings you the most peaceful, sweetest feeling
- you can communicate with them without speaking
- you make up little things that only the both of you know about
- all you want is to make them happy
- you get a rush just from seeing them, or a touch. better than any drug
- they can make you cry so easily, be it from sadness or happiness
- you can never imagine even being with anyone else
The truth about true love
- If you find yourself in love with someone who does not love you, be gentle with yourself. There is nothing wrong with you. Love just didn’t choose to rest in the other person’s heart.
- If you find someone else in love with you and you don’t love him, feel honored that love came and called at your door, but gently refuse the gift you cannot return.
- If you fall in love with another, and he falls in love with you, and then love chooses to leave, do not try to reclaim it or to assess blame. Let it go. There is a reason and there is a meaning. You will know in time.
- Remember that you don’t choose love. LOVE CHOOSES YOU. All you can really do is accept it for all its mystery when it comes into your life. Feel the way it fills you to overflowing, then reach out and give it away. Give it back to the person who brought it alive in you. Give it to others who deem poor in spirit. Give it to the world around you in anyway you can. This is where many lovers go wrong. Having been so long without love, they understand love only as a need. They see their hearts as empty places that will be filled by love, and they begin to look at love as something that flows to them rather than from them. Remember this, and keep it to your heart. Love has its own time, its own seasons, and its own reason for coming and going. You cannot bribe it or coerce it, or reason it into staying. You can only embrace it when it arrives and give it away when it comes to you. But if it chooses to leave from your heart or from the heart of your lover, there is nothing you can do and there is nothing you should do.
- Love always had been and always will be a mystery. Be glad that it came to live for a moment in your life. If you keep your heart open it will come again.
Love or Infatuation?
- Infatuation is instant desire. It is one set of glands calling to another.
- Love is a friendship that has caught fire. It takes root and grows, one day at a time.
- Infatuation is marked by a feeling of insecurity. You are excited and eager, but not genuinely happy. There are nagging doubts, unanswered questions, little bits and pieces about your beloved that you would just as soon not examine too closely. It might spoil the dream.
- Love is quiet understanding and the mature acceptance of imperfection. It is real. It gives you strength and grows beyond you to bolster your beloved. You are warmed by his/her presence even when he/she is away. Miles do not separate you. You want him/her nearer, but near or far, you know he/she is yours and you can wait.
- Love says, “Be patient. Do not panic. Plan your future with confidence.”
- Infatuation has an element of sexual excitement. If you are honest, you can admit it is difficult to be in one another’s company unless you are sure it will end – in intimacy.
- Love is the maturation of friendship. You must be friends before you can be lovers.
- Infatuation lacks confidence. When he/she is away you wonder if he/she is cheating. Sometimes you check.
- Love means trust. You are calm, secure and unthreatened. Your beloved one feels that also and that makes them even more trustworthy.
- Infatuation might lead you to do things you will regret later, but love never will.
- Love is an upper. It makes you look up. It makes you think up. It makes you a better person.
Ten questions to ask yourself about your relationship
- What do I want from this relationship?
- Have I told him/her what is important to me in a relationship?
- Does he/she tell me what is important to him/her in a relationship?
- Am I happy with the way things are?
- What type of changes would make it better?
- Can we talk about touching?
- Do I feel good about the touching we do?
- Am I feeling pressured or am I pressuring?
- How does the relationship affect other things or people in my life?
- Who can I talk to when things get tough?
The definition of mature love
- both are individuals apart from the other
- each accepts the fact that neither is perfect
- the relationship is strong in tough times as well as happy times
- the love gives each person energy to devote to all aspects of life
- the two people are close friends
- each person continues to grow as an independent human being
- there is joy in giving as well as receiving
- there is honesty and trust between the two people
- each feels a responsibility to the others well being
Infatuation is not love
- the person depends on the relationship for self esteem
- the person takes more from the relationship than they give
- each is jealous of the others separate activities
- the relationship drains the person of energy
- the person is afraid that the other person will lose interest in them
- the person can only think of the other person
45 thoughts on “You Know It’s Love When”
:heart: this is the cutest thing ive ever read! keep it upp
Like this, except for the, “you can never imagine even being with anyone else.” Replace with, “you can never imagine not being with this person.” it’s possible to love more than one person.
If you truly love him/her. you forget every other girl/boy again i repeat if you truly love 😘
Agree. I am in love with someone. Like, really in love, but he doesn’t feel the same way. Now I’m crying. Any advice? </3
Me too 😦
I’m in same situation, sadly. I’m in love with a woman, whom means more than anything in the entirety of this existence to me. She knows this. I wish I could give you better insight, but you can’t stop loving and living for you, yourself. With or without them. I know it’s hard, I have no answers for the time it will take. She will always be my angel, I cry at the mere thought of her. I wish I could just simply hold her, with my lips against her neck, and the smell of her skin. I can smell, see everything so vividly, while I sit alone on a park bench. Yes, I am lost.I look at my hands, wishing she was here to hold them. I feel so vulnerable but only she can take that away. Good luck to you all in your endeavors.
Love is the unconditional patience and kindness you show another person despite their flaws and how they treat you. The good feelings you get from showing him love is a reward in and of itself.
so true… this article is so deeply thought and so true… m glad i read it 🙂
The thoughts on love, infatuation, and mature love are very introspective and philosophical. I agree with everything you’ve written. 🙂 Thank you for sharing this with the world! :heart:
i love this blog! Just reading the first couple paragraphs esp. “you know its love when” just gave me a few thoughts of me and my boyfriend. Its very true.. and when the above was mentioned “you make up little things that only the both of you know about” just gave me butterflies and made me gigle. This blog is pure and true. :heart:
pure and true :heart:
I love it! :heart:
So very true!! Good to have these glimpses of insight into relationships and their actual meanings! – Than Q.
i love all of these quotes its always remind me of my first true love. any time i see him i smile and laughf. i love this website its just pure true! :right:
amazing blog! 😀
This blog is amazing, tells the truth and gets right to the point, love it!!
You know is love when he takes your breath away just by hearing his voice…
You got that right. I hear his voice when he’s not speaking.
beautiful. thank you for posting.
i learned a lot of this quotes,, that was more than a decade,,,when I think am too in love…
love hurts more then it makes u happy but still the feeling is so beautiful an wonderful tht life it self cant hold u away from he/she
While these do distinguish the characteristics of both love and infatuation, every detail can’t be recorded. I really loved this though! 🙂
i am suffering alot about love bcos i fell in love wit a man that does not want me and many times i tried to force him to do. But now i read your notes about love and realised i was just being choosen by love love doesnt choose me. so be it……….
…Ugh~. No… I want to believe it, but… *sigh* ( ._.)
I really love this blog!
U guys r awesome!
The info is gr8,keep it up Ya’ll
I felt this intense and passionate love for near two years…he left because he said he had to learn to love himself. He said he was depressed and needed time. Everyday I miss him and I have to let it sit now. I want to wait but i am uncertain if he will return the love someday. So I suppose I must move on, it will get better. I was loving him more than I loved myself.
Sooooooo helpful,so true. Been infatuated for too long it’s time to move on. Thank you.
I really like what I read and yes it ever bit true, how love comes into your heart and you can’t explain it , it has already happening to me ,and this new guy I met we are so deeply in love with each other now , wow it just blow your mind how love works between two people !
Hi, am Eríc, I want to ask if this is love. There is this beautiful lady I met at high school. At first i asked her out, but she replied that she doesnt understand. So I closed my mind on her. But she alway asked me to call her. She informed me of her birthday so my friends and I congratulated her on the date. Still pressuring me with this same call thing, I even lied of not using a cell phone. Time passed, we graduated from high school, she left for different city. Now she is back to where we school currently my place of abode. Now I feel different about her, i cant sleep, her thought s always in my head. We hold hands and walk together now, but she still want me to call her. I have asked her to be my date but she reply me with” really ” for this time I dont want to lose her. Please how would i know if its love.
I Have a lovely girlfriend who I see occasionally.Imet her on holiday at Xmas and kissed her and our relationship developed from then on .I know she works away andi am retired and she loves me.But it hurts to be apart but eventually we will be together on love permanently Dave
I have an unbreakable love for my ex. It gives me so much strength in my own life knowing that I am capable of a feeling so powerful. He was suffering from severe depression and anxiety and it was hurting me in the process. Eventually he turned against me… With the help of my other best friend at the time 😛
I left it all.
We started talking again very recently because we had some things to return to each other and he is in the process of healing from his illness. Excitement fills me when I receive a msg from him but it makes me cry even without the feeling of sadness. So I google searched “why does love make me cry” and this link was second on the list… Just reading this made the tears disappear, thank you
Nice and true!
But then,is it cool to list those things and ask my bf because i want to know if he feels that way about me.
And that ache one gets from just thinking about this person you love so much,does it happen to guys.
yes, yes it does happen to guys. I’m lying in bed crying right now because my girlfriend isn’t in my arms right now. we aren’t fighting or anything. i just want to hold her 24/7.
I love this
So sweet thanks 😊👣🎯💌
Let’s please not make people with depression and anxiety feel bad for fearing their partners will leave, otherwise lovely
You don’t know what you have just done to me now I feel so happy and like a new man thanks and God bless
“It is better to have loved and lost, then never to have loved at all” breaks my heart. This simply isn’t true. I lost the love of my life and the pain is still so unbearable.
Fantastic information. …especially on infatuation and true love
Love hurts and is blind and you can do any measure , length and distance that you never been in the name of love. Love is a powerful feeling and powerful force and love make you cry. And I like this blog. Got clear explanation about love. Thank you so much. God bless
I love this boy but I have only seen him three or four times in the past four years. Before that we were best friends and really were in love. When I moved away it was sudden and unexpected. We never exchanged phone numbers and never said good bye. I miss him even now, but I wonder if he has moved on. I may see him again in a year or two… but I am scared and I don’t know if I can wait much longer… what do I do?
Yes I goin through same thing I loved love her so much she left she didn’t but tried for 2 years . But I see I suffer with anxiety n depression n I see alot of things in the infatuation bit that are familiar to my feelings
Does this mean I didn’t love or was just infatuated or do they cross over like I think they do . Never met anyone like her . So just trying to work my own feelings out what they really are
I love my boyfriend so much I cry about it. I can’t focus when he’s not with me and I always sit by my phone when I texted him if he’s allright.
I love him with all my heart.
Absolutely insightful and very well thought out from so many key perspectives. Thank you so very much for this!
My situation has been ongoing hot/cold for almost a year. When he’s in a hot mode it’s all consuming and his eyes are irresistable…as is the rest of him. Then he goes cold and it’s friends at an arms distance.
I get a pang in my chest, followed by a sad feeling when I think of him. I think it’s longing for that special feeling he gives me but that is all there is, no depth, nothing more than an intimate desire.
I couldn’t really step back and decipher the individual aspects of the situation until reading this, Thank you again ☆