after my new computer is put together, i finally downloaded firefox 2.0. i know i’m slow.
here are the specs for my new pc:
ASUS P5WD2 premium motherboard
P4 3.6 Ghz
1gb RAM with 800mb FSB
512mb graphics card
19 LDC monitor
hopefully that means i will be able to do some real computing & gaming now.
the first thing i learned about firefox 2.0 is that you may easily config the close button on the tabs/tab bar
- open a new tab and type about:config in the address bar and press enter
- In the filter field type browser.tabs.closeButtons
- Double-click on the entry and enter the corresponding number below:
- 0 ~ Display a close button on the active tab only
- 1 ~ Display a close button on each tab (default)
- 2 ~ Don’t display any close buttons
- 3 ~ Display a single close button at the end of the tab bar (Firefox 1.x behavior)
- Click OK
- Close the about:config tab
here you may learn more about other setting you may change by editing the about:config entries.