I can’t ask for a better time and better support to seriously focus on my depression.
In my initial progress, I’m able to so far work on the followings:
- Swim for at least an hour Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Go to yoga classes on Tuesday and Thursday
- Volunteer at my friend’s elementary school for two hours on Thursday
- Every day work on a healthy and tasty dinner for my husband and I
- Every day spend some time practicing mindfulness (I find it easy to focus on my breath when I swim. I’ve also started to practice mindfulness when I try to sleep but so far I’m still battling.)
- Every day take all of my supplements.
- Every day spend some time relaxing. But try not to be addicted to watching Chinese soap opera.
- Every day accept the amount and quality of sleep I get and not get pissed off about my sleep.
- Every day spend time reading the self help books I’m reading and think about self actualization and how to get in touch with my consciousness/Being/self.
- Stay in touch with my support system (friends I met in the hospital who also fight depression)
- Tell all recruiters I won’t be available for work until after May.
2 thoughts on “Focusing on my depression – my initial progress”
Great job, Hon!
So great! Good for you, keep it up. I’m so glad you are able to take this time off to focus on your well being.