i finished my book report. it turned out to be 6 pages long. i didn’t realize i was typing with only 1.5 space instead of double space until i asked andy to proofread. i just mumbled some and andy said it was fine. i was a little worried about it until andy pulled out the two essays he has to critique. they are from his peers in his Composition II class in the community college. Those essays are just disasters. they made me laugh so hard, my tommy hurt bad afterwards.
the assignment is to analyze two opposing views on death penalty with a neutral tone. andy let me read his first. his paper past the group critique the very first time so he actually is getting extra credit for his paper.
here are his classmates’. i selected some great lines by those people. please remember these are college students.
- The things he has to do day in and day out and the things that happen to him everyday, will haunt him for the rest of his life. As to being put to death, this only lasts a few seconds.
- In other words they are not paying their soldiers enough and that the soldiers are not soldiering like they should be.
- The author is showing a little bit of pathos here but only for a moment because he wants you to see the logos of his argument which is that if criminals are not afraid of being hung then let us starve them or pull their limbs apart.
- His purpose is that he believes that putting a person to death is wrong, we should put them to work instead.
- For people who have nothing to live for and the grave is the safest place for them then we should put them to death and make it as painful as possible.
- The purpose the author is trying to make is that by keeping the death penalty a very real threat is the only way to stop people from committing crimes.
my confident on my book report grew dramatically after I read them.
woo!! new layout at new millennium. thank to manda for telling me about Ulead 3D. i downloaded it from morpheus and experienced around =)